Acetal is the common name for Polyoxymethylene. It is easy to machine, holds tight tolerances, and is readily available in a variety of shapes, sizes and formulations.
Acetal provides good strength and stiffness, coupled with dimensional stability and good wear properties. It's low moisture absorbtion rate makes it a preferred choice over Nylon in many wet environments. The chemical composition, regular molecular structure and high degree of crystallinity result in a unique combination of outstanding characteristics:
- High mechanical strength and rigidity
- Toughness and high resistance to repeated impacts
- Long-term fatigue endurance
- Excellent resistance to moisture, gasoline, solvents, and many other neutral chemicals
- Excellent dimensional stability
- Good resilience and resistance to creep
- Natural lubricity
- Wide end-use temperature range
- Good electrical insulating characteristics
- Fuel system components (gas caps, floats, pump housings, senders)
- Heavy load-bearing gears (window lifts, windshield wipers)
- Window/door hardware
- Safety system components (buckles, seatbelt hardware, spools, guidetracks, clock springs)
- Loudspeaker grilles
- Control switches
- Interior trim
- Steering components
- Pillar loops
- Wear surfaces: bushings, bearings, cams, pulleys
- Gas meters
- Gears: spur, cluster, helical, bevel, worm
- Conveyors: flat top conveyor chain, wear strips, conveyor links
- Pump impellers: submersible, gear, centrifugal, proportioning, reinforced diaphragms, jet well
- Fan and blower blades
- Pumps and beverage valves
- Farm machinery
- Irrigation sprinkler components
- Shower heads
- Hose couplings
- Water meter components
This copolymer acetal grade, containing a metal detectable additive, has been specifically tailored for use in the food processing and packaging industries where it can easily be traced by the conventional metal detection systems installed to detect contamination of the foodstuffs (results may vary depending on the sensitivity of the metal detection system used). Acetron MD presents good mechanical strength, stiffness and impact strength, and it also features a food contact compliant composition.
TECAFORM™ AH ID (Metal Detectable Acetal)
TECAFORM™ AH ID is the first commercially available thermoplastic that can be detected by the standard metal detection equipment typically used in food quality inspection.
Tecaform™ Acetal Copolymer
TECAFORM™ is commonly used as bushings, rollers, wear strips and other applications requiring a combination of strength, low moisture absorption, chemical resistance and dimensional stability.
Delrin (Acetal Homopolymer), Delrin Sheet, Delrin Rods
DELRIN® is a crystalline plastic which offers an excellent balance of properties that bridge the gap between metals and plastics.
Rochling Sustaplast Sustarin H
Material Properties and Machining Guidelines for Sustarin H, Sustarin H AF and Sustarin AF - DE588.
Rochling Sustaplast Sustarin C
Material Properties and Machining Guidelines for Sustarin C, Sustarin C ESD 60, Sustarin ESD 90 and Sustarin C TF.
TECAFORM™ SAN and TECAPRO™ SAN
TECAFORM™ and TECAPRO™ SAN provide an additional safety factor in reducing incidence of bacterial contamination.